Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Secure IT Conference Reviews

From: "Edwards, Francis" <Francis.Edwards () MONTGOMERYCOLLEGE EDU>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 13:27:36 -0500

Have you checked out the Educause Security Professionals Workshop (SPW),
May 16-18 in Washington, DC?   See
http://www.educause.edu/conference/security/2004/

I attended both last year.  Being a member of the program committee for
the Security Professionals Workshop, I'm notably biased.  Both are /
were well worth the money.  There is some overlap in coverage.

SecureIT is aimed at both higher education and the corporate
environments, intending to bring them both together on topics of
information and network security.  This included a number of vendor
product-oriented sessions.

The Educause Security Professionals Workshop (SPW) is aimed totally at
the practitioners of IT security in higher education, It's intended to
cover the issues and techniques faced in colleges and universities.
There are no vendor presentations in the program.

Francis Edwards, CISSP CCP
Manager, IT Security
Montgomery College
Office of Information Technology
7362 Calhoun Place
Rockville, MD 20855-2759

240/314-3091
Francis.Edwards () montgomerycollege edu