Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: RBLs for email

From: Jason Richardson <A00JER1 () WPO CSO NIU EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:31:12 -0600

Right, that's what we are using. We use it and the ORDB relays list but
we are still getting enough SPAM to warrant serious evalulation of
CanIT.

dkoontz () MBC EDU 3/22/2004 11:27:20 AM >>>
The Spamhaus RBL is okay, but the best service I've found to date is
their
combined RBL+XBL service.  This picks up a lot of Worms, virus, proxy
and
other exploits in additonal to open relays.  In our tests, seems to
block
well in excess of 90% of the junk you don't want with little to no
false
positives.

http://www.spamhaus.org/xbl/index.lasso