Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Can you point me to links on your websites

From: James Moore <jhmfa () RIT EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 11:00:18 -0500

As mentioned in a previous note, I am doing benchmarks.  I will
summarize to the list.

I need to know:

1) Main information security link(s)

2) End User Security Awareness

3) Information Classification and Handling

4) Desktop configuration standards (some may overlap with systems admin,
like default file location to network drives, backups, ghosting, etc)

5) Links on server configuration standard(s)

6) Data Integrity

7) System Integrity

8) Scanning / Vulnerability Measurement and Management

9) Patch Management

10) Buffer Overflow Protection

11) Firewall Configurations / Personal Firewall Configurations

12) Incident Reporting

13) Anti-Virus

14) Anti-SPAM

15) Account Management / Access Control Management

16) Password Management

Thanks!!!

Jim

- - -
Jim Moore, CISSP, IAM
Information Security Officer
Rochester Institute of Technology
13 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623-5603
Office: 585-475-5406
Fax: 585-475-7950

"In cases of defence 'tis best to weigh the enemy more mighty than he
seems" - William Shakespeare (Henry V, Act 2, Scene 4)