Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Information Classification - Benchmark/Wisdom needed

From: Jim Moore <jhmfa () CIS RIT EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:15:21 -0500

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am getting pushback from our Student Health organizations, Registrar,
Admissions, and Financial Aid that "everything is confidential,
appropriately handled, and it rarely leaves our organization"  They
especially don't want to make incoming documents.

Any further wisdom.  When did you implement your classification system?
 How did you approach it, was it the university all at once, or did the
medical school start it, and others follow, so as not to be left out?

Jim

Brian Reilly wrote:
Jim,