Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Browser security problems - Safari

From: Jeni Li <jeni.li () ASU EDU>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:49:58 -0700

You mean on the client side, rather than using expires/no-caching directives on the server side? If you want to do it
using preferences, you're out of luck. However, there are some workarounds, including replacing or redirecting the
cache folder and/or using a third-party tool. Also, if you have enabled Safari's Debug menu, there *is* a preference
you can set in that menu to disable caching.

The folder workaround:
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20030216085845456

The third-party tool (caveat emptor):
http://www.lordofthecows.com/safari_enhancer.php