Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password aging

From: Cal Frye <cjf () CALFRYE COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:37:00 -0500

Gary Flynn wrote:

I would personally be concerned about a compromise of my binary
encoded finger or retina print. It would be pretty hard to change.
But I guess they could be hashed with a changeable key. But then we
would have to address the question of how often that hash key
should be changed. :)

I worry about a compromise of my finger. I never want to be in a
position where my body parts are valuable to someone else before I'm
finished with 'em.

As long as it's only email we're talking about, I'm safe. Start talking
serious money, and I get nervous.

--
--Cal Frye, Network Administrator, Oberlin College
 www.ouuf.org, www.calfrye.com

  "That pygmies cast such tall shadows only shows how late in the day
it is become" -- Chargaff.