Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Internet Security Training

From: Tammy Clark <isttcx () LANGATE GSU EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:41:18 -0400

There are two conferences that I highly recommend:

Infosecworld 2004 http://www.misti.com/virtprog/program.asp
Techno Security 2004 http://www.thetrainingco.com/html/Techno2004.html

Both are very cost effective and provide numerous learning and networking opportunities.

Regards,

Tammy L. Clark, CISSP
Information Security Officer
Georgia State University
tlclark () gsu edu
404-463-9612

bcsmith () BBC EDU 10/22/03 02:29PM >>>
I am looking for a conference/workshop/training opportunity on computer
security issues for my network administrator to attend.  We have a NT/2000
network. If any of you have a recommendation on a good place (but not highly
expensive. . . we have considered one of the SANS conferences but their
$3000 + price tag is hard to swallow on a limited budget) where he could
efficiently learn about tools to use in intrusion detection and general
internet security issues I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Barry Smith