Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Security Awareness Initiative of Security Task Force

From: Rodney Petersen <rpetersen () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 14:13:39 -0600

The EDUCAUSE/Internet2 Computer and Network Security Task Force is
planning to launch a Security Awareness Initiative to advance some of
the ideas identified in one of our earlier NSF Workshops:

-Campus wide security awareness campaigns
-"How to" and "best practices" security guides
-Training for sysadmins in securing machines and devices
-Share training and educational materials across our campuses
-Develop security training and education courses for staff students and
faculty

We recognize that many of you have already been working to educate your
communities and develop materials that could be shared and used by
others.  We have attempted to capture some of those "Education and
Awareness Programs and Resources" at
http://www.educause.edu/security/resources/awareness.asp  Please let us
know if there are other materials from higher education or elsewhere
that we should add to our existing list of resources.  Send further
information to our attention at Security-Task-Force () educause edu

We will keep the Security Discussion Group apprised of the activities
under the Security Awareness Initiative.  If you have further
suggestions or would like to participate, please notify me at
rpetersen () educause edu or 202.331.5368

Thanks,

Rodney Petersen
Security Task Force Coordinator