Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Looking for a Participant Evaluation form for a Security Posture Assessment

From: Jere Retzer <retzerj () OHSU EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 14:31:36 -0700

jhmfa () RIT EDU 08/05/03 02:24PM >>>
We recently had an Institute-wide information security posture
assessment (our first).  And things came out really well from my
perspective, awareness shot up, people began to see the big picture, and
we even had some documentation updated, or created.  One of our colleges
is even interested in having a more in depth one done for themselves.

But there are some jitters, since nearly everyone learned something they
could improve.  And there is some normal academic culture at play, where
if it was good, then how do we push the envelope to make it better.
Lastly, not everything was perfect - There were some scheduling foulups.
  Some time frames were a little short.  Some email got lost in cyber-space.

So I am the lemons to lemonade type of person, and I wanted to circulate
a participants evaluation form.  A consultant friend suggested it, but
didn't have an example.  (He also suggested circulating it again at
about 3 months out, and 6 months out - so people can begin to realize
some of the benefits.)

So I am looking for an example.  Would anyone be willing to share?

Jim
--
--
Jim Moore, CISSP, IAM