Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

File Swapping Arms Race Escalates

From: Ken Shaurette <Ken.Shaurette () OMNITECHCORP COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 08:21:20 -0500

FYI, for those that haven't already seen this it may be of interest.

Ken M. Shaurette, CISSP, CISA, CISM

Omni Tech Corporation, www.omnitechcorp.com
<http://www.omnitechcorp.com/>

(800) 523-3304 x486

File Swapping Arms Race Escalates

Users of the popular Kazaa service concerned about the RIAA monitoring
what they download now have a new alternative.

Two new clients include a range of features designed to

thwart port monitoring and other scanning techniques. If

you're worried about being busted, you need these programs. We've got
all the details on where to find them, and what they do, in our report.

Secret Kazaa Swapping Enabled:
http://eletters.wnn.ziffdavis.com/zd/cts?d=75-33-1-1-464274-1561-1