Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Verisign's SiteFinder

From: Omar Herrera <omar_herrera () BANXICO ORG MX>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 14:22:56 -0500

Verisign seems to be doing something "weird" with this service. There
are many discussions around this everywhere, here is a sample of what
seems to be going on:

http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB20030926S0003

I have not reviewed all the information with detail but it seems that
Verisign is being accused of doing some sort of traffic hijacking.

Omar Herrera, CISSP

Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey,
Mexico City Campus
Information security topic and laboratory