Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

MS Webcasts Regarding Blaster Worm

From: Rodney Petersen <rpetersen () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 06:51:21 -0600

Colleagues,

Below is some information provided to me by personnel from Microsoft
about Webcasts scheduled for today and tomorrow concerning the Blaster
Worm:

TechNet Webcast: What Network Administrators Should Know About The
Blaster Worm

Live Event: August 21, 2003 - 9:00am to 10:30am Pacific Time / 12:00pm
Eastern Time http://www.microsoft.com/usa/webcasts/upcoming/2342.asp

TechNet Webcast: How To Recover Your Home Computer From The Blaster Worm

Live Event: August 20, 2003 - 12:30pm to 2:00pm Pacific Time / 3:30pm
Eastern Time http://www.microsoft.com/usa/webcasts/upcoming/2343.asp

TechNet Webcast: How To Recover Your Home Computer From The Blaster Worm
Live Event: August 21, 2003 - 12:30pm to 2:00pm Pacific Time / 3:30pm
Eastern Time. http://www.microsoft.com/usa/webcasts/upcoming/2344.asp

I would be interested in any feedback should you or a member of your
staff participate.

The EDUCAUSE/Internet2 Computer and Network Security Task Force has been
working with Microsoft security officials over the past several weeks
(even prior to the latest string of incidents) to establish a dialog
between Microsoft and the Security Task Force about security practices,
vulnerabilities and future plans.  I will provide more information in
the next few days and will seek your input to our agenda.

Thanks,

Rodney Petersen

Project Director, Security Task Force

EDUCAUSE