Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Secure classroom projectors

From: Tom Steuver <steuver () EXCHANGE NKU EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 09:29:56 -0400

We have over a hundred classrooms with built in computer systems in the
podiums and mounted projection systems.  In the past two weeks, three
projectors have been stolen by using their own tools.  We have had a number
of them removed from classrooms during our spring semester as well.  What
are you doing to protect the equipment in your classrooms?  Do you have
special projector mounts?  Alarm cables?  Cameras?  Are they working well
for you?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas Steuver
Manager, Network and Infrastructure Systems/Security Coordinator
Information Technology
Northern Kentucky University
859-572-5299
steuver () nku edu <mailto:steuver () nku edu>