Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Higher ed or state security conferences...

From: "Bruhn, Mark S." <mbruhn () INDIANA EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:46:07 -0500

Can someone please point me to the web pages for any state higher
education security conferences (or conferences for large university
systems) that you know about where you are?

I have information about Wisconsin's LockDown03, PSU's Annual Security
Conference, and California's Secure IT Conference.  I thought one was
held in Virginia, but I can find information about that.  Others?

We're beginning to plan the first Annual Indiana Higher Education Chief
Information Officer Summit, the first year of which will be "Security
Issues, Programs, and Plans."  We're looking for good examples.  (For
those of you at Indiana campuses: plans are to hold this at IUPUI,
sometime in February 2004.  Target audience is CIOs and security
professionals/practitioners.  Look for initial publicity in in August.)

Thanks,

--
Mark S. Bruhn, CISSP

Chief IT Security and Policy Officer
Interim Director, Research and Educational Networking Information
Sharing and Analysis Center (ren-isac () iu edu)

Office of the Vice President for Information Technology and CIO
Indiana University
812-855-0326

Incidents involving IU IT resources: it-incident () iu edu
Complaints/kudos about OVPIT/UITS services: itombuds () iu edu