Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

CSO Job Description

From: art <stgeorge () UNM EDU>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 11:09:30 -0700

The University of New Mexico is creating a position of chief or senior
security officer for its Computer and Information Resources and Technology
unit. As preparation for this, I'd appreciate hearing from those
universities with such a position and if possible, receiving the job
description and qualifications. I have looked through the closed job
postings at the Educause web site, but there are undoubtedly some on this
list with such a position not recently posted on the Educause site.

I'm also interested to hear your views and experiences regarding the
necessity or desirability of security certifications.

Thanks,

Art St. George