Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Brief Survey On Handling Hacked Machines

From: dennis <dennis () VALTX COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 18:18:26 -0400

Rich Travsky and Educause Security Members,    Free Evaluation Security
unit to Educause members

Technologies of Toronto manufactures a new hardware device called the
Storage Firewall.

With the Storage Firewall there is no such thing as your machines
becoming compromised - you just press the reset button to automatically
eliminate Viruses, Hacker Exploits, Spyware, and unauthorized user
changes including programs.
We will give you back control of your computers. Recovery is automatic
and instant.
It's a Hardware device - no software - no drivers - no updates - no
maintenance and it works with any PC based OS - current or future -
including all Windows, Unix, Linux, OS2, BEOS and Dos - yes it works
with Dos.

I am inviting any Educause Security Group member that wants to evaluate
our innovative device to just email me at dennis () valtx com . I will send
our product information and a sample unit at no cost.

Now we are a startup and I would have preferred to get paid however as
Educause has been generous in allowing my participation - I feel that it
is best that we ship our evaluation units at no cost to participants.

Dennis Meharchand
CEO, Valt.X Technologies Inc.
Tel: 416-746-6669, 1-800-361-0067