Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security Policy - Kazaa

From: Terry Cavender <t.cavender () VANDERBILT EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 07:45:12 -0500

While not exactly a policy we encourage responsible usage (disable file sharing)

see  http://www.vanderbilt.edu/its/security/safe_desktop.php

--On Wednesday, August 14, 2002 2:48 PM -0400 Pam Crawford <pbcrawf () EMORY EDU> wrote:

We have been getting a lot of requests to issue a "recommended security
statement" on the use of Kazaa - the peer-to-peer application for sharing
files (music, etc).  Has anyone completed a security statement (guidelines
of use, policy, etc) related to use of the Kazaa application?  If so, I
would be interested in seeing a copy of the statement (policy, guidelines,
etc)  documenting the security risks of the application.

Terry Cavender
Network Security Officer
Vanderbilt University
http://www.vanderbilt.edu/its/security