BreachExchange mailing list archives

Laptop with Olympics plans stolen from car of boxing coach

From: Erica Absetz <eabsetz () opensecurityfoundation org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 10:54:58 -0500

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/laptop-with-olympics-plans-stolen-from-car-of-boxing-coach-3356632.html

BOXING coach Billy Walsh has spoken of losing a laptop containing
details of Team Ireland's plans for the next Olympics in Brazil.

The laptop had been on the back seat of Mr Walsh's car outside his
home in Wexford town when opportunist thieves struck and swiped it.

"It did have some plans for Rio and grant applications and that kind
of thing on it," he said.

While the laptop didn't contain any overly-sensitive personal details
about any of the Irish boxing team, it did contain a detailed
financial breakdown for the Rio Olympics in 2016.

There was also a strategy for the next Olympics, including the budget
and general team plans for the Rio Olympics.

"It's just one of those things," Mr Walsh, pictured, said. "I was only
back from Dublin and I was tired. I just wanted to get inside. I left
the laptop in the car and I thought the car was locked, but I must
have pressed the wrong button and it was left open. Someone must have
seen it on the back seat and took it."

Gardai are investigating.