BreachExchange mailing list archives

follow-up: DropBox CEO: Lone hacker downloaded data from 'fewer than a hundred' accounts

From: security curmudgeon <jericho () attrition org>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 14:36:48 -0500 (CDT)

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/apple/dropbox-ceo-lone-hacker-downloaded-data-from-fewer-than-a-hundred-accounts/10476

DropBox CEO: Lone hacker downloaded data from 'fewer than a hundred' accounts
By Jason D. O'Grady | June 30, 2011, 9:46am PDT

A user victimized by last Monday's security lapse at DropBox sent me this
personal apology letter from CEO Drew Houston.

My tipster now only uses DropBox in conjuction with TrueCrypt as a result
of the breach. They also mentioned that the promised credit monitoring
still hasn.t been delivered and that a class action lawsuit is gaining
momentum.

[..]