BreachExchange mailing list archives

Hackers steal police data from customs servers

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 22:13:59 -0400

http://www.thelocal.de/sci-tech/20110708-36169.html

The security of German government computer systems has come into
question after hackers broke into the Customs Administration’s servers
and stole data on Thursday night.

The Interior Ministry announced on Friday that a group calling itself
the “No Name Crew” penetrated at least one customs server, stole data
and published it on the internet at their website. Among the data was
information from the federal police that had been provided to customs.
Authorities are now examining the accuracy and sensitivity of the data
published.

“In addition, we are checking whether an attack of this type would
also have been been possible on our (the police's) data and whether
further security measures are necessary,” the police spokeswoman said.
She stressed that “no operational data from the federal police or the
Federal Office of Criminal Investigation were published.”