BreachExchange mailing list archives

Update on PlayStation Network and Qriocity

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 21:07:44 -0400

Valued PlayStation Network/Qriocity Customer: We have discovered that
between April 17 and April 19, 2011, certain PlayStation Network and
Qriocity service user account information was compromised in
connection with an illegal and unauthorized intrusion into our
network....

Although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we
believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following
information that you provided: name, address (city, state, zip),
country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity
password and login, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that
your profile data, including purchase history and billing address
(city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password
security answers may have been obtained. If you have authorized a
sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your
dependent may have been obtained. While there is no evidence at this
time that credit card data was taken, we cannot rule out the
possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through
PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are
advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code)
and expiration date may have been obtained....

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/26/update-on-playstation-network-and-qriocity/