BreachExchange mailing list archives

Important Message to Valued Clients (Tastefully Simple / Epsilon)

From: security curmudgeon <jericho () attrition org>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 19:37:47 -0500 (CDT)

  From: Tastefully Simple <news () tastefullysimple com>
  Date: April 6, 2011 1:46:13 PM EDT
  To:  [redacted]
  Subject: Important Message to Valued Clients

  Dear Valued Client,

  Since you currently receive special emails from your Tastefully Simple
consultant or you have at least once in the past, we wanted to send you a
quick note on behalf of our headquarters team.

  We were recently notified by our email service provider that a list of
Tastefully Simple's client names and email addresses was exposed by
unauthorized entry into their system - along with email lists for several
major companies across the nation. (Our email provider sends emails on
behalf of our consultants to clients who've opted in to receive special
news and offers about Tastefully Simple via email.)

  We take your privacy very seriously, and we sincerely regret this has
occurred. Rest assured, the only information that was potentially obtained
was your name and/or email address - and there was absolutely NO risk to
any of your personal information.

  So what does this mean to you? As a result, it is possible that you may
receive SPAM-type email messages. (SPAM is email that is unsolicited or
unwanted, commonly called ?junk email.?) While bothersome, it generally is
harmless. As always, it's a good idea to be suspicious of senders you
don't know and be cautious when opening links or attachments. Emails
asking for personal information or asking you to do something out of the
ordinary are often scam emails. At Tastefully Simple, neither we - nor
your Tastefully Simple consultant - would ask you to email personal
information such as credit card numbers or Social Security numbers, and if
you receive such a request, simply delete it.

  If you have any questions, please feel free to check out the special
notice at tastefullysimple.com, where we'll continue to post any further
information and updates.

  We truly value your privacy, and once again, we hope you'll accept our
heartfelt apologies for any inconvenience.

  Kindest regards,
  Tastefully Simple's Headquarters Team

  Tastefully Simple, Inc.
  1920 Turning Leaf Lane SW