BreachExchange mailing list archives

Fwd: Important Information for 1800Flowers.com Email Customers (fwd)

From: security curmudgeon <jericho () attrition org>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 14:05:20 -0500 (CDT)

From: 1-800-FLOWERS.COM <1800FLOWERS () email 800-flowers com>
Date: April 5, 2011 1:57:25 AM EDT
Subject: Important Information for 1800Flowers.com Email Customers

Dear 1800Flowers.com Customer:

One of our email service providers, Epsilon, has informed us that we
are among a group of companies affected by a data breach that may
have exposed your email address to unauthorized third parties.
It's important to know that this incident did not
involve other account or personally identifiable information.
We use permission-based email service providers such as Epsilon
to help us manage email communications to our customers.

We take your privacy very seriously and we work diligently to ensure
your private information is always protected.  Epsilon has assured
us that no private information, other than your email address,
was involved in the incident.  We regret any inconvenience
that this may cause you.

Because of this incident, we advise you to be extremely cautious
before opening emails from senders you do not recognize.

We thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Sincerely,

Bibi Brown
Director, Customer Service

Security & Privacy
[link]

This email was sent to [redacted]
If you've received this e-mail as a forward,
we invite you to subscribe.
[link]

If you no longer wish to receive offers via email from
1-800-FLOWERS.COM(R) click here to unsubscribe.
[link]

Add 1800FLOWERS () email 800-flowers com to your Address Book to ensure
that you receive our email in your Inbox.

1-800-FLOWERS.COM, INC. Corporate Office - One Old Country Road,
Suite 500 - Carle Place, New York 11514-1801