BreachExchange mailing list archives

Fwd: Important Announcement For BJ's Visa(R) Customers

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 16:24:19 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: BJ's Visa® Card <email () offers barclaycardus com>
Date: Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 9:19 AM
Subject: Important Announcement For BJ's Visa® Customers
To: iris.walton () gmail com

  To ensure our emails reach your inbox, please add
email () offers BarclaycardUS com to your address book.

Dear Customer,

*Re: Important information regarding a breach to the privacy of your email
address.*

Barclays Bank of Delaware is the bank behind your credit card referenced
above. We have been informed by Epsilon, a marketing vendor we use to send
emails to customers, that someone outside their company gained unauthorized
access to files in their systems that included your email address. This has
affected many of our credit cards under our various co-brands, including the
brand on your card.

Epsilon has assured us that the only information that was obtained was your
name and email address. Please be assured your account and any other
confidential or personally identifiable information were not at risk.

It is possible you may receive spam email messages as a result which could
potentially ask you for additional information about your account. Please
note, Barclays will never ask you in an email to verify sensitive
information such as your full account number, Username, Password or Social
Security Number. Therefore, any email which does so should be treated
suspiciously, even if it looks like it comes from Barclays. As a reminder,
we urge you to be cautious when opening links or attachments from unknown
third parties.

Barclays is one of many companies affected and so you may receive similar
notifications from other companies.

Please visit the "Privacy and
Security<http://barclaycardus.dream.epsilon.com/11015184flayfiusibljzbfyaaaaaaac7x2tabifzdeyaaaaa>"
section at our website
www.BarclaycardUS.com<http://barclaycardus.dream.epsilon.com/1052aa5e2layfiusibljza4iaaaaaaac7x2tabifzdeyaaaaa/C?T=AQFsX2luZGV4AQFnX2luZGV4AQFwcm9maWxlX2lkATYyNzQ3MjYBemlwX2NvZGUBAWVtYWlsX2FkZHIBaXJpcy53YWx0b25AZ21haWwuY29tAXByb2ZpbGVfa2V5ATE3MjQ0NjA1&4zsM2Jo3vqBols4IR29z9g>for
more information on protecting your personal information.

We sincerely regret this has taken place and for any inconvenience this may
have caused you. Barclays is committed to protecting customers against the
misuse of their personal information and we take security issues very
seriously. We vigorously monitor the security of our systems and require all
third party vendors to adhere to strict security and privacy policies and
procedures.

Please know that a full investigation of this matter is under way by Epsilon
and we will continue to work diligently to protect your personal
information.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please call our
customer care center at the phone number on the back of your credit card.

  Sincerely,

Larry Drexler
Chief Privacy Officer
Barclays Bank of Delaware

Karen Smithson
Information Security Officer
Barclays Bank of Delaware           *Please Do Not Reply to this Email*
This is a notification-only email that cannot accept incoming replies.

The BJ's Visa is issued by Barclays Bank Delaware, PO Box 8801, Wilmington,
DE 19801, Member FDIC.

CMK-040211-VBJ