BreachExchange mailing list archives

San Antonio TX Restaurant Suffers Data Breach

From: Henry Brown <hbrown () knology net>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 07:28:00 -0500

 From WOAI TV via mysanantonio.com http://bit.ly/aVDcCn
SAN ANTONIO -- The computer system at a local Mexican restaurant was
hacked, and investigators believe thieves made off with the credit card
numbers of hundreds of customers.

Aldaco's Mexican Cuisine at Stone Oak has a note on the front door
apologizing to customers. Some of those customers are now getting
charges from as far away at Italy.

"They know that it was a breach, and they know that the breach came from
Russia, that's for sure," explained Blanca Aldaco. "So, we are working
with our I.T. guy. They're definitely looking into. Hopefully, they can
figure out what the IP address is."
The restaurant's owner said they have now changed the way they do business.

"We are no longer on the internet when it comes to credit card
authorizations," Blanca Aldaco told News 4 WOAI. "And having said that,
it's 100% secure. We have been assured that that's the way to go, 15
years back, but we're doing it."