BreachExchange mailing list archives

Fwd: Atlassian Security Breach - Change Password

From: Corey Chandler <corey () sequestered net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 10:40:26 -0700

Just got this in my email.  Very interesting, I thought-- who the heck
doesn't hash passwords in this day and age?

-- Corey / KB1JWQ

----- Forwarded message from Glenn Butcher <gbutcher () mailer atlassian com> -----

Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 10:44:19 -0600
From: Glenn Butcher <gbutcher () mailer atlassian com>
To: REDACTED
Subject: Atlassian Security Breach - Change Password

                     To view this email as a web page, go here.
Atlassian

We are sending you this message because we experienced a security breach and
suspect that your Atlassian customer account password details (only) may have
been compromised.

It is very unlikely that an unauthorised user has had the opportunity to log in
to your account so far and if they have, there is very little in the way of
personal information which could have been accessed. However, to minimise any
further risk to your Atlassian account being compromised, we strongly recommend
that you change your Atlassian account password as soon as possible using the
procedure below.

Be aware that this security issue only affects Atlassian customers who created
an Atlassian account and purchased one of our products before June 2008. Since
then, we have been using a more secure user management system based on
Atlassian's Crowd product. When you change your Atlassian account password
using the procedure below, your Atlassian customer account details will be
stored in our updated Crowd user management system, which will further minimise
the chance of a security breach occurring in future.

Procedure for changing your Atlassian customer account password:

1) Login to http://my.atlassian.com
2) Click "My Profile" (3rd tab)
3) Click "Change Password" (in Contact Information section)
4) Update your password to a new value

Atlassian apologises for the inconvenience caused. However, this is an
extremely rare event for us and since we take security issues seriously, we are
taking every precaution possible to minimise the effects of this security
breach.

Sincerely/Best regards,
Glenn Butcher
Director of IT

AtlassianAtlassian NewsletterAtlassian BlogsFollow Atlassian on Twitter
*

This email was sent to: atlassian () jury sequestered net

This email was sent by: Atlassian
173-185 Sussex Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia              [newpowered]

We respect your right to privacy - view our policy

----- End forwarded message -----