BreachExchange mailing list archives

NV: Hundreds Exposed to I-D Theft in Sparks Store Closing

From: kirniki <kirniki () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 21:29:47 -0400

http://www.kolotv.com/news/headlines/90413939.html?ref=939

The Hollywood Video store in the Baring Village Shopping Center like
others in the chain is now closed, its shelves empty, but if you were
a customer there and filled out a membership form that paperwork and
all its information was left free for the taking out back when the
store closed.

We were tipped last night that membership forms along with other store
records had been dumped out in back. Our cameraman found a mess and
the sight was no less scary in daylight.

Hundreds, perhaps thousands of pieces of paper, receipts, records and
worst of all membership forms, placed not even in the dumpster, but
out in the open, the wind was already beginning to scatter it. On
these forms, names, addresses, birthdates, I-D numbers, even credit
card numbers and signatures.
[..]