BreachExchange mailing list archives

Heartland Breach: Colorado Bank Reports New Fraud

From: lyger <lyger () attrition org>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 14:13:24 +0000 (UTC)

(/me looks at calendar... hm, over a year now...)

http://www.bankinfosecurity.com/articles.php?art_id=2259

A Colorado bank has come forward to reveal that as many as 5,000 of its
customers were at risk because of new fraudulent transactions tied to the
Heartland Payment Systems data breach.

First National Bank of Durango, a $399 million institution, went public
with the news on March 1, after several customers reported that their
debit cards had fraudulent transactions on them.

"Please be aware that as a result of a security breach at Heartland
Payment Systems, debit cards issued by the First National Bank of Durango
may have been compromised," the bank announced. "To protect our customers,
we have temporarily blocked all point of sale purchases. Debit cards will
still work at the ATM. It is important to note that there was not a
security breach at First National Bank of Durango, our systems remain
secure. The breach occurred at a third party processor."

[...]