BreachExchange mailing list archives

Re: [Dataloss] Where did the breach go? Quick comparison with NY Times API, Google News, and DataLossDB data

From: David Shettler <dave () opensecurityfoundation org>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 12:00:44 -0500

ABSOLUTELY NONE, in this case.

But people flip out when they see it.

In truth, any order generates a near identical trend in this case.
But six makes people shudder.

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Chris Walsh <chris () cwalsh org> wrote:
Let's say the data fit the polynomial function exactly.  What theoretical
basis is there for a polynomial of degree six being sensible?  (Answer this,
and you get to move on to mathematically modelling the Gartner hype cycle!)

Chris

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 9:38 AM, David Shettler