BreachExchange mailing list archives

NV: Data leak raises questions

From: lyger <lyger () attrition org>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 16:17:14 +0000 (UTC)

http://unlvrebelyell.com/2009/06/01/data-leak-raises-questions/

"I regret to inform you that a UNLV computer was compromised and may have
allowed possible loss of some of your personal data.  We have reported
this incident to the information security officer and a full investigation
is underway."

The College of Sciences recently sent this statement in a letter to about
20 students as officials became aware of a virus affecting a computer in
the college.

"[The college] found out no information was leaked, but for legal reasons
they still had to send out the letter," said Victor Barragan, CSUN Senate
president and former sciences senator.

[...]