BreachExchange mailing list archives

Primary Sources: 10 down, 40 to go!

From: lyger <lyger () attrition org>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 23:35:54 +0000 (UTC)

Well, 39... Alina Johnson was kind enough to cover Michigan for us... ;)

http://datalossdb.org/primary_sources

If you live in a state not represented in the link above, and if you might
be interested in sending an actual MAIL (not email) to your state
government to request documents about data breach notifications, then we
need your help.  OSF and DataLossDB are looking for volunteers (no, not
paid positions) to help us obtain said documents via FOIA requests, and
here's the catch: there is no catch.

You make a request, you get the documents, you send them to OSF, and we'll
reimburse your actual costs (postage and copying), plus maybe throw
in a DataLossDB t-shirt for your efforts.  There are many advantages to
this plan:

1. DataLossDB gets more primary sources in its archives
2. You get satisfaction from contributing to an open project
3. Jake has to order and mail more shirts!

If you live in a state not yet represented by our Primary Sources archive,
mail us if you might be interested in helping us obtain documents from
your state's government.  Any questions, please email us at
curators () datalossdb org.