BreachExchange mailing list archives

Re: TN: Sensitive School Info Found Along Road

From: macwheel99 () wowway com
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:27:33 -0600

In cases like this, fingerprints on the papers might identify employees
involved in the improper disposal of the papers, or the accident that led to
their distribution in the wind.  Like if one person opens a window in an
office where papers are lying loose.

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:13:29 -0400, kirniki wrote
http://www.wsmv.com/news/18966430/detail.html

A Nashville mother who was walking along Scott Avenue found
confidential paperwork that lists Metro school students' names,
 Social Security numbers and disabilities.

"I think it's extremely serious. I was very concerned," said the
mother, who did not want to be identified. "I was walking down the
street, and I saw a lot of papers floating around the street and on
the sidewalk."

The number listed in a column indicates the 21 students on the
paperwork attended Bailey Middle School in 2006.
A district spokeswoman refused to talk about the confidential
information or some of the questions it might raise. She, like the
woman who found it, wants to know where the papers came from.
[..]

CREDANT Technologies, a leader in data security, offers advanced
data encryption solutions. Protect sensitive data on desktops,
laptops, smartphones and USB sticks transparently across your
enterprise to ensure regulatory compliance.
http://www.credant.com/stopdataloss

--
WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com)