BreachExchange mailing list archives

Re: Followup: Tapes stolen containing patient info of 47, 000

From: Adam Shostack <adam () homeport org>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 15:54:26 -0400

I've been doing some digging.  The "complex and proprietary format"
seems to be IBM's Tivoli Storage Manager, which comes with crypto
capabilities, and at least one IBM partner claims to be able to
reconstruct the data from their tapes.

Links & more:
http://www.emergentchaos.com/archives/2008/04/university_of_miami_good.html

Adam