BreachExchange mailing list archives

OR: Patient information, cash missing after Legacy clinic theft

From: lyger <lyger () attrition org>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 18:31:26 +0000 (UTC)

http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/stories/2007/08/06/daily51.html

A Legacy Health System primary care physician practice has discovered the
theft of $13,000 in cash and personal data for 747 patients who got care
at the clinic between January 2006 and February 2007.

Patient receipts, credit card transaction slips and checks are also
missing at Legacy Clinic Mount Hood, in addition to Social Security
numbers and dates of birth for patients.

"Based on our investigation, we believe this was an isolated incident
involving one dishonest person who we no longer employ," said John Reid,
director of security for Legacy Health System.

[...]