BreachExchange mailing list archives

MI: Credit union: members' data stolen

From: d2d <d2d () attrition org>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 02:36:47 +0000 (UTC)

courtesy pogowasright.org

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070804/NEWS01/708040313/1002/NEWS01

A computer containing personal information on an undisclosed number of
Kellogg Community Federal Credit Union members was stolen during a
break-in sometime in the third week of July.

In a letter dated July 25 sent to affected customers, the credit union
said the computer was taken along with other items from "the offices of a
vendor who has been providing services to the Credit Union."

A file containing some members' names, addresses, telephone numbers, birth
dates, social security numbers and account numbers was on the computer's
hard drive.

Kellogg Community has more than 25,300 members and more than $231.2
million in assets in 2005, according to its Web site.

Tracy Miller, Kellogg Community's chief executive officer, refused to say
who the vendor is or how many people were affected, citing an ongoing
investigation.

"I won't be providing any additional information," she said. "We're
working with the FBI."

[...]