BreachExchange mailing list archives

OH: Stolen computer tape holds all state employees' IDs

From: lyger <lyger () attrition org>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:15:43 +0000 (UTC)

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/dispatch/content/flash/stories/2007/06/15/data_stolen.html

A backup computer storage device with the names and Social Security
numbers of every state worker was stolen out of a state intern's car on
Sunday night, Gov. Ted Strickland announced this morning.

Strickland said it would require a significant level of expertise and
multiple computer programs to access the personal information of the more
than 60,000 state workers.

"We have no reason to believe there's any breach of security at this time,
and we think it is unlikely that a breach will occur," he said at a press
conference.

[...]