BreachExchange mailing list archives

IA: UI notifies graduate program students, faculty about security breach

From: lyger <lyger () attrition org>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 18:00:08 +0000 (UTC)

http://www.press-citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070608/NEWS01/70608007/1079

Students and faculty associated with a University of Iowa graduate program
are being notified this week about a Web-site security breach. UI has sent
letters to about 1,000 current students and applicants to the Molecular
and Cellular Biology program and to 100 faculty members, said John Keller,
UI Associate Provost and Dean of the Graduate College.

[...]

"We are deeply concerned that this happened," Keller said. "We apologize,
and we want our faculty, students and prospective students to know that we
are working expeditiously to correct this problem. We have notified the
appropriate UI and law enforcement officials, and we are evaluating our
systems to identify additional ways to protect our Web sites.

[...]