BreachExchange mailing list archives

IN: MasterCard security breach bad news for some.

From: MKEVHILL () aol com
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 14:28:28 EDT

_http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=6555715&nav=9Tai_
(http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=6555715&nav=9Tai)
Indianapolis - MasterCard is warning its member banks about a rash of thefts
from the bank accounts of card holders, some here in Central Indiana.
Kristin is good about checking her checking account. "I  check the  account
online every day."
And good thing. When she logged on Tuesday she found it had insufficient
funds.
"I was like, what's going on?" Kristin said.
Kristin has a MasterCard debit card and her bank, Sky Bank, blames a security
 breach.