BreachExchange mailing list archives

Re: Astroglide exposes 250k onto Net

From: lyger <lyger () attrition org>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 15:10:37 +0000 (UTC)

The primary reason we chose not to list the Astroglide incident on
Attrition's web page and database is because it appears that the only
records exposed were customers' names and addresses.  While some may argue
that names and addresses are "personal information" (and while the
exposure may be embarassing to some people), for most people that
information is publicly available through the White Pages (offline and
online).