BreachExchange mailing list archives

Re: Employee vs client data?

From: "Dissent" <Dissent () pogowasright org>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 12:45:28 -0400 (EDT)

"B.K. DeLong" <bkdelong () pobox com> wrote:

It would be cool if we could begin distinguishing whether it was
employee
data that was lost or client data, (or both).

It would be even cooler if our govt. actually had a clue what kinds of
data were even on the thousands of govt. or govt contractor laptops
etc. that have been lost or stolen by now.

I think we should have a separate "clueless index" as a running total
of the number of as-yet-unrecovered lost or stolen laptops, computers,
flash drives or media that are gone and where we have no idea in h*ll
what was even on them.

Dissent