Dailydave mailing list archives

"Hack the Planet"

From: Dave Aitel via Dailydave <dailydave () lists aitelfoundation org>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 06:03:29 -0400

[image: image.png]

Ok ya'll - you're letting me down. There's a thousand ways you and your
friends can use 10k to improve the world - engineering a solution nobody
would pay for because it's not something you can put at a booth at RSAC.

EVERYONE ON THIS LIST needs to either submit for a grant, or find someone
who will submit for a grant. You're telling me not one of those
superhackers at Microsoft and Google can find a worthy project? It's
Thursday, and there's 5000 people on this list, each of which can destroy
whole systems of the world with their minds, but actually all I want now is
for them to work up the energy to fill out this google form
<https://nostarchfoundation.org/apply-now/>. I have a whole team of very
cool people <https://nostarchfoundation.org/our-board/> waiting to help
walk you through the process once you do.

And the grant recipients that get selected are also going to get mentored
by experienced members of the field - the head of the mentorship committee
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Davis_(entrepreneur)> started a little
zine back in the day called Wired and knows basically EVERYONE, and I think
the mentorship alone should convince you to submit a grant request.

Anyways, typey typey. Get to it. :)

-dave
P.S.

Here's one of last year's submissions