Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: CVSS is the worst compression algorithm ever

From: Adrian Sanabria <adrian.sanabria () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 16:38:30 -0500

I probably shouldn't have brought it up - I'm not involved much on the
pentesting side. I know we've discussed replacing it, but finding little
out there to replace it with.

In my own work, I find most of my pentesting results come down to a binary
value (hackable, not hackable) and some sense of likelihood of it getting
exploited by a malicious party. Highs/mediums/lows all seem pointless when
emulating the attacker perspective.

Looking at DREAD, I honestly can't say I find anything fatally wrong with
it. Perhaps it's because I've never known pentesting to be terribly
consistent across tests or consultants in my career, so the bar is set
pretty low in my mind?

--Adrian