Dailydave mailing list archives

probably known but FWIW

From: Richard Thieme <rthieme () thiemeworks com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 14:37:22 -0500

*We have cracked GandCrab encryption in a joint effort with Europol, the Romanian Police and the Federal Bureau of Investigations.*

The decryption tool is available for free on Bitdefender Labs (https://labs.bitdefender.com/2018/10/gandcrab-ransomware-decryption-tool-available-for-free/ <https://connect.bitdefender.com/pub/cc?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DYQpglLjHJlYQGl1zaGJ6bo0lzaLoesJMo8BFpzaOAzcpBzfJ1vBEjzb3zdeOf3cjlGIJ3OVXtpKX%3DSSUUYADU&_ei_=EolaGGF4SNMvxFF7KucKuWOP0JDcAeDTHyljf3dDORWalOlez5QoUuy2JfY4nm2QPigYGFPlJmHHDe85hFg.>) and can be used to take back information ransomed by versions 1, 4 and 5 of GandCrab, one of the most aggressive and most prolific strains of ransomware this year.

All our users are completely protected against GandCrab infections.

You might, however, have a relative or a friend who suffered an infection recently.
Take this Bitdefender tool and be their hero!

Stay safe,
The Bitdefender team