Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: CGC Wrapup Video

From: Tyler Nighswander <tylerni7 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 12:29:40 -0700

I think I posted a link to this on here before, but
http://www.lungetech.com/cgc-corpus has some information about each
challenge, including whether there was a successful POV on it during the
contest (though it's not the easiest thing to navigate).
Most of the challenges have no successful POVs against them. In my
totally-neutral-not-biased-at-all-objective-opinion, that is because Mayhem
was borked for a large portion of the contest ;). Mayhem exploited 11
unique services for however long it was working (it started degrading
around round 30), Mecaphish exploited the most of any competitor during the
game 15 total. That's out of around 100 or so total challenges, so not a
very high percentage. I didn't spend much time looking to see how hard the
CFE challenges were, but they are not buffer overflow 101 type of things,
I'd say.