Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Survey of infosec's past/present/future

From: Andy Martin <andy () andymartin cc>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 09:17:07 -0400

Here are the results: https://linx.li/selif/jscgrgdo.pdf

Raw response data: https://linx.li/selif/hlnvg47g.csv

On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 4:16 PM, Andy Martin <andy () andymartin cc> wrote:

Here's an anonymous survey to see what people think about how the field of information security has changed over the
last 10 years & where things will go in the future --

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1w5KynXcYiehMfS976dDJ0gDybNqVSalIpieTifiZNEY/viewform

Some example questions are:
- Is the average F500 company compromised by more or less independent parties at any given time now vs. 10 years ago?
How will it change over the next 5 years?
- From a technical point of view, is working in computer security more or less interesting now vs. 10 years ago?
- How do the offensive capabilities & defensive postures of various countries compare?
- Is the average "information security professional" more or less knowledgeable today vs. 10 years ago?
- Do companies in certain countries tend to me more or less secure than others?

For the purposes of the survey, a "network compromise" is considered to be any event where a host is owned and some
amount of lateral movement takes place (however inconsequential).

There are a few optional questions at the end about the submitter's (your) background-- maybe there are some
interesting correlations to see there...

If more than 10 people respond, I'll send a follow-up email with links to a summary & the raw response data.

Thanks,
Andy