Dailydave mailing list archives

Cyber deterrence in action

From: Dmitri Alperovitch <dmitri () crowdstrike com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 04:10:19 +0000

I wanted to share with this group a blog I published earlier today on how we were able to successfully get a Chinese
government-affiliated group (at CrowdStrike we call them Hurricane Panda) to cease their multi-year campaigns against
two of our customers who are using our Falcon endpoint technology. This is the first time we've ever seen a persistent
nation state actor cease a long term high priority campaign and perhaps is a great sign for the future of defense.

Hopefully this is of interest and will spur good discussion about new defense models that focus on significantly
raising cost and effort to the adversary to impact their cost/benefit analysis.

http://blog.crowdstrike.com/cyber-deterrence-in-action-a-story-of-one-long-hurricane-panda-campaign/

Best,

Dmitri