Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Machine Learning and Dimensions and stuff

From: "Halvar Flake" <HalVar () gmx de>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 11:34:56 +0100

Hey there,

The implications are though, that even if the adversary adapts, that the ML analytic is forcing the adversary to
operate in a smaller space to avoid appearing >anomalous. I consider anything that can shift the balance of cost from
the defender to the adversary to be wildly successful.

No objection that ML-based detections will shift the burden of changing something to the attacker. I just predict that
long-term success is heavily dependent on being able to keep access to the actual classifier out of the attackers'
hands.

Cheers,
Halvar