Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: C2

From: "Thomas J. Quinlan" <tom () thomasquinlan com>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 14:19:13 -0800

One of the trends I looked at when I was giving a talk at Info Crime
in London is that "Big Data" will actually become "Huge Data".  Think
of everything that people are monitoring now - and then think about
what they will be monitoring in even just a year's time.

One of the most important things most people are not monitoring is SSL
- - with the new SSL visibility initiatives that most companies are
undergoing, they're going to have A LOT more data to start looking at.
 Of course, they'll have to do this responsibly - it won't do any good
to view the admin's Citibank Online transfers to her daughter at uni
when someone's in your network exfiltrating all your stuff.