Dailydave mailing list archives

Conferences! Love them!

From: Dave Aitel <dave () immunityinc com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 12:44:35 -0400

BlackHat is next week! So excited since this is the first year we can
say "SEE US AT OUR BOOTH!" . And I hope you do, of course.

But in the meantime, I've been working on a Usenix talk
<http://www.usenix.org/events/sec11/> - it's 1.5 hours of hacking
discussion. I have some new metrics to share, but parts of it are me
repeating things Nico and Halvar and Justine and everyone else said
during their talks, but in a different way, to a different audience! For
example, Nico's talk for INFILTRATE 2011 talks a bit about how to target
software, but I think it's worth expanding.

One of the key things people fail at is targeting, on both defense and
offense. Today, everyone is so focused on PDF bugs, they forget that
tomorrow it's something completely different. And it's hard to lead that
target - few people have actual data to make their decisions on here. So
in any case, it's telling that Usenix security has a science fiction
writer as a keynote!

Also for those of you with Federal End of Year (or End of Times) dollars
left to spend, INFILTRATE 2012 announcement is coming soon! Email me if
you want to spend your money early. :>

-dave