Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Fair and Balanced part 2!

From: joe mendez <sec.mendez () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 11:21:15 -0500

I would just like to add that from what I have noticed; accountability is
the one element that is missing from write ups
and reports, which I believe instills conformity and motivation into
employees "And" companies to work more securely...

I've yet to hear anyone losing their job at SONY for the attacks and losses
they are and will continue to endure....
Oh, and lets not forget about SONY customers and the risks and problems they
have to face.

/* I could have missed a headline where SONY paid for all the damages to its
customers.......and fixed all their security problems */

It's no surprise that there's a lot that goes into security whether it be
physical, network, policy,
application, employee security awareness education, risk
assessments,etc,etc.

If a government or company doesn't understand what encompasses security then
it
will be just a matter of time before they are caught with their pants down.

On the other hand, I bet there are governments and companies that do
understand all the above and still get owned.

I guess it all boils down to if a group or individual has a will, they will
find a way....

- Joe